Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FOREWORDS FORETHOUGHTS


Fear Not My Friend


When people are confronted with things that are new, this causes fear. By nature, we are afraid of anything new because it agitates the status quo. However, it is only when we are threatened that we fight back, strive harder to survive. When you started English I with me, I knew you were afraid. You have so many apprehensions. That was not really my intention. All I want is to challenge you to work harder, aim for more than what you already have achieved.

I know now that all your apprehensions before, all your fears are baseless. If you have faltered then and gave up, you would not have achieved what you have accomplished now. You have realized that you are no longer the same naïve person who first stepped in SMA nine months ago. With sheer effort, patience and diligence, you have overcome your fears and reached more than what you could imagine last June. You have proven to yourself that with the right motivation, support from your parents and determination you can do things. You have the power to create.

Each of us is endowed with talents and skills. These are God-given gifts for us to enjoy life more the way He wills everything to be. I am very happy that young as you are today, you have realized that you can do so much if only you believe in yourself. Nothing is impossible. Always believe in your power to create. You may have done wrong, but you also have the power to rectify yourself. I hope these new insights about yourself will bring you more successes and happiness in life in the future. I hope you will continue to nurture your giftedness, your skills. Hone them some more. The world is yours… and it will be yours… tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment