Monday, April 18, 2011

CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT - WHAT ARE NEW?

Notre Dame of Dadiangas University Experience

Last April 15, I was in General Santos City. I was invited in NDDU through Phoenix Publishing House to talk about Classroom Management. The school was big - PAASCU accredited Level II. The teachers were very amiable and appreciative of what I shared. My schedule was loaded I was not able to see around GenSan. I did not get to see Cong. Pacquiao too. He was busy preparing for his fight with Mosley. I though lived very close to Jinky's Boutique. I was billeted at Ice Castle Hotel. With this post is my picture inside the hotel's room rehearsing my pesentation. Below is the description of my presentation.


SEMINAR TITLE: Classroom Management in the New Learning Economy


GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The seminar is a full day interactive lecture aimed at improving learning acquisition through enhanced student-teacher interaction in an effective learning environment.


GENERAL OBJECTIVE: To enrich teachers with both contemporary and time-tested classroom management strategies for the learning environment of the new economy


SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES: (1) To re-acquaint teachers with the four elememts of classroom management (Marzano), (2) To familiarize the various behavior influence techniques used to effect order and discipline, (3) To prevent and deal with unwanted behavior inside classrooms of the new learning economy, and (4) To identify teacher roles in helping students become effective persons


PARTICIPANTS: Besides regular classroom teachers, academic heads and the different subject area coordinators may benefit from the seminar. Christian Living teachers may join to provide additional input in terms of the Church’s teachings on discipline.


ACTIVITIES: Meaning-making engagement on the following topics: Content, Conduct and Covenant Management; Mind/mental Set: Withitness and Objectivity; Physical Aspects of Classroom Management; Preventing and Dealing Unwanted Behavior; and Classroom Discipline Models

No comments:

Post a Comment