Monday, January 10, 2011

I AM ABSENT TODAY

The Price(?) for Being 40

Many said life begins at forty. I don't know what to say but I think this idea holds much water. Whether one needs life because he has not yet lived one or simply because he has to re-live, I don't know too. One thing for sure, I need a new life.

When I am almost 40, I often feel tired almost always at the end of an academic year. Maybe I have started zealously that I got tired later. It could also be just plain burnout. I maybe stressed too from to many things to think of. Definitely I have nobody to blame but myself.

Or maybe I have to have a new life after all. How will I do this? I could always quit my work and find another. I may, however, rebirth back to just being a plain classroom teacher. I have better plans though. I want to live town for a while and live where no man has been before. In this case, I just do not live again, but more so be born again.

2 comments:

  1. After all these years, I really do think you need a long rest sir. You, more than anyone else, deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all those years, I really do think you need a rest, sir. You, more than anyone else, deserve it.

    ReplyDelete