Friday, September 4, 2009

A CHAT WITH MY FORMER STUDENT

A Little Bit of Inspiration

Cyke_09: btaw dok, salamat sad kaayo sa mga advice nimo sa una
carlo_bejarasco: wa na sapayan

I pride myself as somebody who can see who among my students will someday succeed in life. Seven years ago, I happened to be the class adviser of 32 men and 19 ladies. One can just imagine how noisy we were then. No! we were not because we understood each other. My students then clearly knew where they stood with me. I had no behavior problem with these 32 burly men in the company of 19 fragile ladies. I was their teacher and they knew that by heart. I gave them advice on how to make it big in life. They listened.

carlo_bejarasco: lipay lang ko ba kay imo na hinayhinay nakuha imo gusto
cyke_09: daghan jud kaayo mga students dha dok nga ikaw ang nahimong inspiration

Seven years ago I was then a teacher and I am still today. Part of my work as a teacher is to act like a second parent to my students. Cyke was one of my good students and I always look at him as my son I want to have. He is every inch an educated lad - good mannered, pleasing personality and best of all, a survivor. I was just doing my work then, but he always considered what I had done extraordinary. I was so flattered. What I like about him though was that he listened very well to whatever I told him to do. I asked him to join Men Entice, and he won 1st runner up. I told him not to date somebody from Dalaguete, which he did. He was thankful that he listened because he is now with her girlfriend in New Zealand. I knew that Cyke would go places someday. He dreamed of it.

carlo_bejarasco: salamat, but if not for your own hard work and theirs, di man pod jud nato maabot ato gusto
cyke_09: mao lagi dok
Because his family does not want him to work abroad, Cyke has to finance himself in order to go to New Zealand. Long before I have also known that this young man from Cawayan would not allow anybody or anything gets in his way. One could very well see this when he played basketball, which he was so good at. He had lofty dreams too. He wanted to lead, and won as the SK Chairman. He loved to dress himself up and kept himself in good shape. He was asked to model men's apparel when at the same time studying in college. I knew nothing can stop this guy. True enough and little by little he now enjoys the fruit of his hard labor and sacrifies.

carlo_bejarasco: mao lang jud na ako gusto nimo. wala ka pailad diri sa dalaguet
cyke_09: pro ang imong guidance dok importante sad gyud kaayo
I was humbled so much that despite what Cyke has achieved now, he still credited eveything to what SMA and the teachers have taught him. I made it clear to him that we were just doing our work. A lot has heard the same advice I gave him, but not all his classmates are as successful as he is now. The same humility that has humbled us has brought Cyke to where he is now. He still continued to ask advice from me and this has so inspired me to keep going on with life. This despite all the problems I have both in school and outside. Here is a man who knows how to look back where he has been once. Here is a man who knows so well whom he has indebted much. Here is a man who SMA can be so proud to call one of her own...one of a kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment