Tuesday, February 24, 2009

OF SANE BRAIN AND BURLY BRAWN

The Spirit is Willing but the Body is Weak

I was a health freak before. I believe so much on a sane brain sitting atop a burly brawn. I did mine before scientifically, with all the calculations to back me up – BMR, DCA, RHR, RDA, etc. I calculated them all. It did pay off. Together with sensible eating, I did a lot of cardio and weight trainings. I rested and indulged myself in lots of soul-searching and reflections. I was very happy before, contented much with life, looking great and feeling young.

The pressure of work has just gotten over me. I knew I am being irrational justifying something which obviously is not beyond my control. I really could have exercised again and some more if I really have to will it. However, lately, in as much as my sane brain wants me to, my burly brawn just refuses to obey a much higher call. Have I been enslaved by my work? Has the pressure of work really gotten me all to a wrong direction?

Next academic year I asked for only a few teaching loads. I am tired and I knew better before that if I exercise, the adrenaline rush just keeps me going. I sweat a lot that whenever I did cardio rounds before I was soaking wet down my britches. I just loved how my biceps tightened with every rep of curls I made. Until today, I pride myself for owning a pair of well-toned thighs which I can voluntarily twitch to everyone’s envious delight.

I sorely missed exercising. I sorely justified irrationally why I stopped doing what I love most. I am just a sore loser. What the heck!

No comments:

Post a Comment