Saturday, February 21, 2009

THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BED

The Personal Incentive of Leniency

When I slept last night, I knew I would wake up today in the wrong side of the bed. I am to meet the senior parents later today at 9:30 for a meeting about the graduation. I am not anxious meeting them today; I am more concerned graduating our seniors this March. They may have acquired the knowledge and the skills that will prepare them for college work. Unfortunately, most of them do not have the right attitude to make it past beyond college – the real life.

I have long predicted that this batch this year will not be as good as the previous years. Both the parents and the environment outside the school may have distortedly played adverse roles; however, I am more inclined to think that the school and the sudden change of teachers-because of the almost mass resignation last year-add up to what is my problem today.

Some teachers cannot just instill discipline among the seniors. I have this belief that leniency of the teacher inside the classroom is a thwarted sense to compensate inefficiency in instruction. I believe that for a teacher to command respect, attention and discipline, he should first be a good teacher-preparing well his lessons for the day. Added to this is modeling of good behavior and attitude. Sadly, we failed along this line. I am sad, but I can only do so much.

I would like to sleep back and wake up tomorrow on the right side of the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment