Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Simple Things that Make Moms Happy

Today is Mother’s Day. Of both parents, the mother has been more honored than the father. Mothers do not deserve more than fathers. Just there are sacrifices that a mother is more willing to give than a father. This is the reason I think why there is much fuss with Mother’s Day than the one for fathers. Frankly, I am not even so familiar when the latter is supposed to be celebrated. I planned to cook for Mom today, but before this took place I still had to contend myself with the eight-hour power failure. Again our pet cat woke me up. He’s into this everyday now and I find it so cute. I cannot ask for more every morning. I though woke up groggy because I slept at 3a.m. My mother has already rice brewing in the cooker in anticipation of the brownout. This is one simple thing that makes mothers more special. They have attention to details for the good of everyone.

I promised my Mom that she had to go to the market today and buy whatever she wanted me to prepare for this special day. I had told her three days ago that I would like to cook binignit in the afternoon. I knew she liked this much. After she came back from the market, she right away told me she was not able to buy desiccated coconut. There was no electricity to power the desiccators, so I forgot. As I was looking at what she bought, I surmised that she wanted me to cook spaghetti. This is another reason why I love mothers and my Mom especially. They settle for simpler things in life. They would rather sacrifice their own needs to better give or accommodate others. I think this is every mother’s instinct.

I slept because it was too hot after lunch. This was, however, after I was through cooking the binignit. I woke up at around four in the afternoon with mom asking me if I want to eat with her. I sure did. We ate the binignit but she could not help herself from moving here and there. She told me my younger sister was coming to dine with us over spaghetti. Mom also added that she would be bringing with her chicken and barbecued pork. As I was looking at my mother, she seemed too contented with these simple things in life. She cleaned the dinnerware intended to be used. She prepared all the ingredients for the spaghetti. She set the table. All I was to do was cook and the thought has put so much pressure for me to deliver. I did deliver. Cooking is my other forte. We ate dinner together with my nephew and niece. Looking at my mother, I knew she was happy for the day. She did not ask so much from me because she knew that everyday for me is Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment