Sunday, May 3, 2009

KISSING MY LOVE HANDLES GOOD BYE

All I Need is a Little Patience

I cannot talk bad to others personally. This is one of my worse traits. I consider this bad because people tend to take advantage of this weakness. Because they know I do not ever reprimand people and subordinates personally, they continue on doing what they want to do, and this is to my dismay. I do call attention of erring colleagues but I never write memos. I talk to people whose actions and decisions are not align with the goals and objectives of the institution where we all belong. However, I always do it in a civil manner without at all raising my voice or showing disappointment. I always treat people professionally, but I do not usually get the same treatment in return. I consider this as one of my weaknesses although some of my close friends tell me that indeed how I treat my colleagues is proper and correct. I do not know. This may be true only if my co-workers feel the same way as I do.

Well in good that two of my strengths are patience and perseverance. Working with people, I tend to be very patient. Different people have different abilities, so I cannot expect people to be thinking the same, doing the same and accomplishing the same. Because of this patience, I persevere and allow room for mistakes as long as not a single soul or purpose is compromised. This unfortunately has been misconstrued as leniency by some of my colleagues, which to me is not and actually are two different things – patience and leniency. I know I am patient and persevering to others, but am I to my own self? This brings me to what happened today. I woke up again in the wrong side of the bed today. Worse, our cat woke me up by meowing all over the bed as if taunting me to get up. Still not contended, he started rubbing his behind on my face. I am patient but not this morning. I did not hurt the cat but I gave it a good spank on his behind.

I woke up prematurely and felt so tired to exercise. I was to do my biceps today – a lot of upper body workouts actually. However, because our good cat woke me up earlier than I usually did, I did not feel exercising anymore. I felt weak and seemed not to have any drive at all to move. Despite this, I took my breakfast, viewed some newscast and went out to breathe fresh air. I got wind instead because two tropical typhoons visited earlier cutting short everyone’s summer fun. As I stayed outside by the veranda, I thought that if I missed my workout today, this could be the end of what I have just started two weeks ago. I put on my shoes, prepared the CD player and the dumbbell plates. I ended up doing 30 minutes of mid-impact cardio and another 30 minutes for my upper body workout. I also did three sets of eight wide push ups. I still had difficulty with my pecs. No, I rested my abs today. What went inside my mind was I should be patient about my desire to lose some weight and persevere through it all despite me being tired. This is not good, but I had to do it this morning or else what I have started would be wasted.

Exercising when even I am tired, I know is not healthy. I promise, however, that this morning would be the only and the last one. I am not happy that our cat woke me up, but the drive to be patient and persevere with what I have started definitely made my day. I always know that I am capable of losing weight. I always have the drive to do it with good and healthy life as my new motivation. I have been into several weight loses, but because of work pressure I always ended up big again. I tend to eat when I have problems. This has been what I am working on to prevent from happening again this year. Why is it that what troubles me so much in my work place is what helps me most with myself. My patience and perseverance have been my problem in work. When pressured in work, I ate more but the same patience and perseverance helped me lose weight. What the heck! I think life is just full of ironies.

No comments:

Post a Comment