Friday, April 17, 2009

ORGANIZATION: A CLEARER VIEW TO A KILL

How to Accomplish Tasks Efficiently

Some say that I am obsessed with organization. I don't believe them. I am an organized person but I am not obsessed with it. Organization to me is important in accomplishing almost anything. I believe that when everything is in order, when everything is in the right place, great things are done at a reasonable time. I dig for efficiency. I dig for hard work and I believe in excellence in whatever I do. To be excellent in everything I do, organization is but imperative. This belief was challenged and affirmed today. We have teachers that are so disorganized although they are not right-brained. On the other hand, we also have teachers that are mixed - both right and left, creative and methodical. The former group obviously irritates me. The latter kind makes me believe in the power of the human spirit.

As I was preparing for school today, I received a text message from one of our parents. She relayed that according to her son’s adviser, he would be retained at the same year level next school year. This, according to the mother, was because her son had failures of more than three units. She was quite calm as I deduced from her message. I was irritated though by the adviser who I already talked with yesterday. I told her what information to relay and how to do it so everything would sound sympathetic to the child’s dilemma. This teacher is supposed to be intelligent and in control of herself. I don’t know what happen, but she just made a fool out of herself this morning.

I got so irritated because the teacher was not prudent. She lacked foresight; she was not able to see the possible repercussions of what she just said. I explicitly told her yesterday that the students would still be able to enroll in third year next school year provided he has to take summer classes of subjects he failed this year. The words I believe were easy to understand that even the mother did so. She might have panicked and lost focus because what she relayed to the parent I think were all wrong. This was what I have observed from her lately. She seemed to be out of herself. When one is out of oneself, then she is not focused; thus, she is disorganized in thoughts which will result ultimately to disorderly actions.

I helped the poor teacher rather than reprimand her. I knew better. When I met the mother sometime later, I re-explained to her what really would be the possible status of her son next academic year. She understood, and I hoped the adviser also did. I asked the latter if everything was okay, and she answered, yes. She then went out afterwards, obviously embarrassed of the whole fiasco. I sat down inside the faculty room and continued entertaining queries from our parents who were enrolling their children to first year. I reminded the other teachers that if they be through with everything, we would clean the room; however, I told them this one yesterday. They remembered because those who were already cleared of any obligation started cleaning their respective tables and cabinets.

Definitely, I just really knew who among our teachers were more organized than the others. If a teacher finished his work a lot earlier than expected of him, he must have been methodical and thorough in his approach of accomplishing tasks. Our seasoned teachers were like this. They were organized both in ways of thinking and acting. One neophyte teacher was also organized with her work. There were eight of us this afternoon cleaning and organizing back anew the faculty room. I hanged on the wall some History projects of the juniors. Two lady teachers swept the floor and another started cleaning all table tops. We placed all used materials inside individual boxes hoping some of them would be recycled for next school year. We were proud of what we accomplished this afternoon.

What happened today is a clear demonstration of how important organization is in accomplishing tasks efficiently and successfully. When one is not following a system of order in doing things, there is a greater possibility that a work will be accomplished half-baked. It is important to know, however, that organized action stems from an organized thinking. If one is confused with what really to do, then he does not also know how to do it. Another thing to consider is cooperation. Assigned tasks are accomplished easily if several people work on it in an orderly manner. Several people ease the burden of doing things; however, it is also very important to note that if these people who are cooperating with each other have disorganized thoughts, still nothing will be done. When the goal to accomplish is very clear in everyone’s mind, then each one will be working towards that goal. Organized thoughts accomplish the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment