Thursday, April 16, 2009

FIGMENT OF IMAGINATION, IMAGINATION OF BIG MEN

This One's To Heat Up Summer More

I just woke up from an hour sleep. I slept at around 3 o’clock this morning. I have been programming and boozing until the wee hours of the morning. Basically my life yesterday until this morning was sex, alcohol and pizza. I am not proud of what just took place but why am I telling you all this. I like you to realize that though I am your teacher, I am as culpable to sin just like anybody else. As what I have told you, I am not proud of what happened yesterday, but ain't no saint.

Only a few know me quite well as a person. Usually people know me by what I have done and what I have been doing. You are one of the former few people. And I consider you my close acquaintance. I hate to be known as a good teacher or a doctor or a leader. At least to you, I am an ordinary easy-go-lucky guy. Rest assured though that I am more than a good friend to all my friends. I am never afraid to show my weaknesses nor do I ever display them. I work on my assets and potentials and these I turn into personal excellences.

This is the lesson I want you to learn. You got the potentials to make it good in life later on – brains, looks and manners. You work on these potentials and turn them into your own personal excellences. Be the smartest brain that you can be and the finest looking, well-mannered gentleman you can. Be true to who you are. Do not be embarrassed by your human weaknesses. Do not hide them but do not flaunt them too. Be yourself. Do not try to appear what you really are not; otherwise you will be found much wanting to be who you are not – a fake. You can be good and still be human. I am not forcing the issue of you behaving like the next candidate for sainthood. It’s not just you.

What we have been up to for the last few months, I hope you will not mistake as my pushing you into it. I am treating you as a young man now, endowed fully with the capacities to decide for your own good. If you think there is nothing wrong about programming then there is nothing wrong about it but if you feel it is wrong, then it is wrong. I believe that as long as nothing gets hurt, the action is neither good nor bad. The morality of my action and its intrinsic worth depends on my purpose of doing it. This may not be correct because the end does not always justify the means. But who cares!

Now that you’ve seen one of my human weaknesses, I hope nothing changes. I have never said that I am perfect. No! I am not. So are you but do not try to change and make yourself appear so innocent to me. I understand your needs and I don’t care about them as long as you’ll hurt nobody and this includes yourself. You are smart. You know what you are doing. I look forward to a much better barkadahan next year.

(Read beyond the lines. This is not meant like how it sounds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment