Sunday, March 29, 2009

IT IS HARD, SO I HAVE TO KEEP UP

...Life That Is

The world today is not as vast as before. Because of the Internet, everyone and everything are just a mouse-click away, to quote my post-grad professor. Whatever happens and wherever it might be can be readily viewed or accessed in either cable TV broadcast or the Internet. Today, there is information deluge that to me it is quite a puzzle if still people act as if they evolved with the apes thousands of years ago. Precisely, this was what irritated me so much yesterday-people who are not just dumb but also very insensitive. Well in good, I woke up in the right side of the bed today. There are just things last night and today that definitely have proven me wrong about how dumb people can be.

Yesterday, in college, I had my final examination for Ed Tech 2. The course basically requires education students to manipulate the computer and the Internet to help improve classroom instruction and make other school related work a lot easier when they become real teachers soon. We hold classes inside the computer room, obviously. The exam I prepared for yesterday required me to save some PPT and Excel files in the computer. The students, following directions, would have to open these files for the questions and would write their answers in the answer sheet I would have distributed. The entire work would have been easier if not for some dumb students who literally competed with me yesterday.

There were students yesterday with me inside the computer room rehearsing their PPT presentations which served as their final exam for another course. I told them I would be using the computers and that they had to get out in order for me to finish saving the files earlier because my exam would be due anytime soon. They did not listen, and this irked me so much. How can students be so dumb, insensitive and downright rude? What I feared more was that they might not have understood what I asked of them because I did it in English. If it was the latter case, then it was indeed so sad, so pathetic. No wonder we are churning out professionals that are inefficient as hell in the real labor world and as dumb as a person can be in the academic circle.

When I got home, my house help told me that somebody alerted her that there would be a power failure at 8 last night. I did not believe her nor did I reprimand her for getting a wrong information. However, I would have like to dress down the person who misinformed her. They must have been referring to the Earth hour wherein people all around the world will have to turn off lights and any other electronic devices not crucial to work. This is a world-wide activity led by the WWF as a sign of voting for Mother Earth's sustainable existence. It is not primarily to save electricity, but in so doing we are indeed reducing combustion of organic material. This is very noble and the idea appeals so much to me. The way dumb people misinterpreted it though was feeble.

I did wake up in the right side of the bed today. Maybe I got so carried by the Earth hour last night, I woke up with a hangover of it. I do not want to profess myself as one of those working hard for Mother Earth. I do not deserve the honor, but I go green in my own little ways. I ate my hearty breakfast at 8 and viewed the weekend news review from both CNN and BBC. Later today I am supposed to do some house cleaning for my nephew's birthday bash on April 1. I decided to do the cleaning and preparation earlier. My mom asked me to even change the curtains which I willingly obliged. Before, I hated this work so much. I just didn't have the patience to string those frilly drapes into their respective rods. I finished before lunch. I was still able to take a shower before I prepared my favorite fish omelet.

I love my day today for whatever reason, I don't know. I just feel so contented with how everything goes today. I slept last night without thinking anything of what would I do or what would happen today. I slept peacefully contented with how life was so far yesterday. Although there were some glitches due to how dumb and insensitive others were, but as reality bites I could not do more than accept the fact that life indeed is complex, hard to understand. I should not be affected anymore by how others are around me. I should learn how to live with their follies and insensitivity. Life with me just have to go on. I must have to move on with life, however dumb it can be, however hard it can still get.

No comments:

Post a Comment