Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ANAL FIXATION, NEAT COMPULSION

A Clean Freak Isn't an Obsessed Prick

When I was in high school, I had a very good teacher in Algebra. She may have been a subject-centered teacher, but I never knew this before, so I believed then that what she did was the best. Today, subject-centered or not, I think she did the best job several years ago. She made me understand Algebra, I thank her so much for that. Today, I see my teacher again. She is the principal of the high school I visited. What struck me most when I arrived in her school was how clean it was. It was a definite pleasure to the eyes. I knew her as somebody very artistic and creative. She took so much care of our classroom before and much pain to just make sure everything was spic and span.

I am a clean freak but I know I am not a type A obsessive-compulsive clean freak. I just hate things dirty, but who does not? I love taking a shower, not very long though and I also take occasional bath. I love how I smell after a shower or a bath. I smell so baby clean. I dig in for a clean pair of shorts and a t-shirt, nothing so fancy as long as they're clean. I am also very disciplined with my things. I always keep them in place and in order. Our house help finds it interesting for my colored shirts to be separated from my white undershirts, my dress socks so arranged accordingly from the lightest to the darkest away from my athletic socks, my boxer briefs folded separately from my pristine white jockeys. No, I am not an OC prick!

My mom is also fascinated with how I keep the interior of the house in magazine perfect arrangement. My taste is modern eclectic. I go for brown hard woods mismatched with brightly colored fabrics to soften the design without compromising the masculine palette. I love antique jars. I have some strategically positioned in the foyer and in the living room. I just bought a model replica of a Spanish war galleon which I displayed along the corridor leading to the dining room. Fresh flowers sparsely dot rooms, courtesy of my mother. She just loves flowers and plants inside the house.

I am not one OC prick. It's just that clean and orderly arrangement of everything helps me think clearly and keeps my focus. It also makes me feel happy and light. People love to be with me and visit me at home, strike a conversation or two then leave with much appreciation of how much I have done to make the interior of the house look good. They just feel how much at home they are inside. I also feel the same, and this has prevented me from going out more often. Anyway, I almost have all that I need inside the house. With a focused mind, a clean body to go and a house in order, who needs to get outside and risk being dirty?

No comments:

Post a Comment