Sunday, March 1, 2009

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK...

Summer Frolicking and Working

Summer has officially started. It’s March and it’s already too hot. Roughly, there are three more weeks to go before the school year ends and I can take my much needed rest. I have nothing planned out for summer vacation – maybe just stay at home and frolic by the beach. I have practically the whole beach being just a stone’s throw from home. When I was young, we usually spend the whole afternoon by the shore playing whatever we can think of and get hold on to. Maybe this summer I will do the same. I miss the beach so much now. It was quite a while since I last visited the beach.

I have some speaking engagements too this summer. This is the other thing I look forward to during summer. I am often invited by schools to give pre-service seminars and workshops on current trends in basic education to both their old and new teachers alike. Besides the pay being so handsome, I also love the pampering afforded to me every time I visit schools. I am always housed in a nice place – mostly hotels and resorts. I am usually provided wide selection of food to choose from. This is a very nice way to end my summer vacation.

Definitely, I am looking forward to this summer. I don’t know, but I am just too tired with all the teaching and school managing I did this year. I deserve this break to give me time to re-energize and reflect on things that matter most to me. I will definitely go frolic in the beach, maybe bring with me my pet dogs. I have two – a Doberman and a Shitzu. I have three speaking engagements lined up too – two have been confirmed. It will be work and play therefore, so I hope my summer vacation come April and May is what all I expect it to be: fun, relaxing and rewarding!


No comments:

Post a Comment