Monday, March 2, 2009

MIA, TU ERES ME AMOR

What Keeps Me Going Despite a Bad Day

I got lost today in a mountain of all-so-unexpected tasks, and I was so overwhelmed. It got through my nerves thinking that as early as 7a.m. I was drowned in a senseless conundrum brought about by inefficient, apathetic zombies haunting our ineffective work place. As I got hold of my daily time record, I got a sweet, bloody note attached to the (Ted) Bundy clock. But not as sweet as the way it was handed to me was the message that was all too shockingly unintelligible. I was to send a fax message to a person I knew informing her of something I do not know what. My goodness! How would I send a facsimile of something that I do not know, much more, I do not have? Interesting hypothesis for an action research!

As I was figuring out how I could manage to have our substitution program working - one pregnant teacher was due to deliver any time soon, another one was absent, three were out for an educational tour - an old teacher friend of mine arrived. He lost a gold necklace which was owned by his mother-in-law. You can just imagine how monstrous his monster-in-law had morphed. Purportedly, a bystander saw that it was one of our freshmen students who had found it around the hospital vicinity. I asked which of our young students. Nobody can describe how the student looked like because it is indeed very hard to describe somebody you have not seen. Well, a good topic for a scientific research.

After I supposed to have a class with the junior students differentiating a while...do from a repeat...until loop, I soon discovered that I was actually talking like a moron within a company of idiots (except for some beautiful ladies). I ended up an imbecile ambling myself back to the faculty room where I temporarily cramped for the day. I went through some of the senior test papers on web page designing and literally came out more confused than my students. How in the world can 16-year old brains fail to understand that anything inside the title tags will be found only in the title bar and not within the web page? And I have been talking about this for eight months now!

As I was getting through my day with much difficulty, confusion and frustration, our secretary told me that the public grade school principal has called up. I feared for the worst. As I was making myself extra-friendly with her secretary, lo and behold, the principal appeared by my side! Our Grade VI pupils are to be included in the National Achievement Test (NAT) which will be two days from now. No problem because I believe our Grade VI pupils can hurdle anything more than our HS seniors, but who will retrieve the test questions and the answer sheets? Who will administer the test? We were called by the DepEd for a briefing but for the sophomore NAT, not the Grade VI NAT? Cannot the DepEd be less nutty? Makainat ug pasensiya!

Then as my day was to end, our school treasurer came in and told me that the seniors' parents' recollection will be on March 8, a Sunday from 7-9p.m. Post meridian? It just cannot be. We have parents from as far as the tenth kingdom and they just cannot make it more than they do not want to make it. They still have to ride flying dragons and fight their way across raging battles between staying home to watch Goin' Bulilit or listening to a balding, holier-than-thou priest proselytizing the beauty of natural birth control method over no sex control method at all. Interesting indeed! I would rather listen to the balding priest than to those noisy devil-may-care kids trying hard to look like insane adults.

To cap my day, in college where I moonlight, some of my students complained why they passed the Midterms. I was dumbfounded, I cannot think of an answer though I was expecting the question. Others, though, were so disappointed why they failed. But please do not ask me, although I was also expecting for the question. This is my typical day. Aren't you jealous of how more unpredictable it is than PAG-ASA? Or, aren't you jealous of how more confusing it is than the stock market? Better, aren't you jealous that I am slowly and softly killing myself without your song? How melodramatic! Only Mia, my girl, makes me happy. Aren't you jealous I have her?

No comments:

Post a Comment